Saturday, October 19, 2013

8 months old!

Carly is officially 8 months old. This week people have asked how old she is, I just tell them 8 months. Well now I am not lying! She is 8 MONTHS!


Changes in Appearance: Carly's hair is much longer. I love watching it grow! Looking back at old pictures, she looks so much older with this long hair she is getting! Her hair is also more of a brownish- blonde.

Activities and Experiences: Carly 'carved' her first pumpkin. Really mommy and daddy carved it and Carly took pictures with it. But it was Carly's pumpkin. Carly also went trick-or-treating for the first time. She was a fan of seeing people, but the minute I put her costume on she started crying. I think she knew she looked ridiculously cute as an elephant :)

Favorites: Carly loves to grab daddy's ear when he puts his head near her. Carly loves to grab any piece of mommy's hair she sees. She loves when she has both mom and dad playing with her on the floor. She loves when mom has her and she looks for dad.

Carly loves the fact that she can feed herself now. We give her baby puff cereal. She LOVES putting it into her mouth. It doesn't always make it to her mouth. One day we were walking out to the mailbox and she opened up her hand and a piece of cereal fell out of her hand. haha.

Carly also loves to move from her sitting position to her belly. She does this usually when she sees something that she wants. She can also move when she is in the sitting position. It has been quite different now that she can move around a bit.

Eating: Carly eats baby food about 3-4 times a day. I think I broke her habit of not wanting to eat. Last week, there were about four days that she did not want to eat. I let her play with her bowl and spoon. She hasn't eaten this well, ever! She eats so well now.

Sleeping: Carly goes to bed at about 8p.m. and then wakes up to nurse at 7a.m. She goes back to sleep until 9:30 sometimes even 10:30! Jeremy and I love this. She also has been taking two really good naps for me during the day. I try and put her down at 12 and 3 and then keep her up until her bedtime at 8p.m.



No comments:

Post a Comment