Tuesday, July 8, 2014

weekend in Denver

We were able to spend the weekend in Denver. We visited the Pitchforth's. We were able to see some fireworks. Visit the Denver Zoo. Light some of our own fireworks. And play lots of games.

Carly's first time watching fireworks.  The flash on the camera was bright for her. 


One of Carly's favorite parts of Colorado, Shasta,  the border collie.

This was Carly's second time being at the Denver Zoo. She wasn't so sure about getting her picture taken by herself.


Carly liked to be held by Aunt Kellie.





Elephant ears! We took this picture last year we were here.

Check out last year's trip to the Denver Zoo.
http://jkpitchforth.blogspot.com/2013/07/denver-zoo.html 

Carly kept crawling in between Jeremy's legs. silly girl.


We played lots of games. Cribbage, 31, Mexican Trains, Egyptian Ratscrew. 

Fireworks!

Carly liked the fountains! She didn't like when Justin lit some loud fireworks :)

Sparklers with Grandma Heidi.

Daddy picked some flowers to put the petals all over Carly.


Carly and Aunt Kellie matching. 

Trying to get this sweet picture of Carly smelling Linn and Cathy's flowers.

I love this man... and his smile.

Linn and Cathy with Carly :) thank you for everything you have done for us. We truly appreciate it. 
Iowa welcoming us home with a beautiful sunset. :)

I read some mommy blogs while preparing for this trip. Mainly because I was traveling with a toddler. I totally agree with one of the blogs I came across. The mom said she loves to travel. Just not with a toddler. I would have to agree! Not that Carly was horrible. It was much easier for Jeremy and I to hop in a car for twelve hours and travel and think nothing of it. 

While traveling, I just like to be left alone so I can sleep and enjoy being in a car. This time I changed my mindset and it really helped. I wasn't in the car just to sleep. I was there to keep my toddler occupied! Either with playing peek-a-boo, magnets, eating, drinking, suckers, pointing out trucks (she now says the work 'truck!') toys, books, and songs. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics!!! And what an affordable little jacket Carl had. . Lol. .. glad you got to spend time with the other grandparents.

    ReplyDelete