Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Grape Pie

We have some pretty amazing neighbors!
We have a grape vine that kind of separates our yards. 
Our kind neighbor told us last year that we could have the grapes. 
But the birds got to them before we did!
So this year, our other neighbor was over and she tasted a grape and said how amazing it was.
So I went in and grabbed two big bowls and we picked them right then.
It took us about a half hour to pick them.
I knew I wouldn't go back out to get the green ones later.
So we picked them all.

We still had a huge bowl full of ripe grapes after taking off the vines and the green ones out.
I have never tasted grapes so good.
They seriously taste like Concord Grape Juice! 

Our neighbor, who actually owns the grapevine, said his wife always made grape pie! So I was determined to make one.
We were having him over for dinner on Saturday night. I spent all day, I mean ALL day, on Saturday making this pie.
But it turned out SOOOOO good and seeing his face eat it was priceless. 

1 comment:

  1. You are the best neighbor Krystal. His wife is smiling down on you and showering you with every possible blessing she can.

    ReplyDelete