Wednesday, February 6, 2013

False Labor

Today is our 'year and a half' of being married! woot woot!
I love you Jeremy!!!


Last night I had some contractions. At first they weren't so bad but then they started getting harder and closer together. Jeremy decided to get his ipod out and start timing them. It was pretty funny. I stayed pretty calm and was breathing, while Jeremy was asking where the hospital bags were. I told him that all of the baby's clothes were still in the laundry basket to be washed. He threw those in the wash. Then he asked, "you don't have anything for me packed?!" haha. No Jeremy. He threw some stuff into the duffle bag with my stuff. Then he informed me that I didn't have any clothes packed. So he packed some clothes for me. While he was doing all of this, I was sitting in the baby's room, on the rocker, drinking ice cold water and breathing. and laughing of course. Jeremy kept asking, "can we go now?!" I said no. I needed to walk around and see if the contractions would stop or get less. Well going up and down our stairs only made them worse and walking around started to hurt. I went to lay down and they started to not hurt as much. Jeremy started reading scriptures and I was dozing off. I knew I wasn't in real labor because I was super tired by this point and just wanted to go to sleep. Throughout the night I would turn or move and Jeremy would pop awake, "are you having a contraction? I need to time it!" Having his ipod ready to time it. Can you tell he is a little excited?

The New Kid on the BLOCK :)

38 weeks today :) 

3 comments:

  1. Jeremy is hilarious! It is a good thing it was false labor so you could finish packing your bags and get all of those clothes washed! I am so excited for you guys, I kinda want this little lady to hurry and get here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, this was so fun to read! Glad Heavenly Father gave you a run through so you can have some bags packed (with clothes you'll actually want to wear, because we both know you had to change it from the ones Jeremy picked if he picked them out on his own! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney- yes, thank goodness it was false labor because I wasn't quite ready for her to come :) especially since I didn't have any of her clothes washed!
    Jamie- Jeremy actually did a good job in packing some clothes for me. I just had to add another outfit for me to wear home :)

    ReplyDelete