Thursday, September 12, 2013

new things going on!!

I have been meaning to do a quick update so here it goes!

We MOVED! 

We are now living in Iowa. We moved here a little over a week ago. We moved here because Jeremy got a job! This is super exciting. We have been waiting and praying for a job. We now live in a little town home and like it.

Carly has been such a trooper through this whole move. The drive here was about 10 hours. We stayed at Anton and Breanna's for a night and then drove the rest of the way here. (We are only an hour and fifteen minutes from them!) If I could take away forty-five minutes from the whole drive, Carly was perfect. But in that forty-five minutes, I called Jeremy (he drove the moving truck that was pulling my car and I drove his car) and told him that we needed to stop because Carly was hungry. Twenty minutes later we still didn't have a rest area. By this time I was getting super antsy and feeling bad for Carly because she is screaming! Other than that she was super good and played with her toys that I attached to her car seat. She also slept a lot of the way.

My view from Ohio to Iowa. The beautiful skies with the Penske truck and my car pulling behind it.


After dropping off the trailer and my car, this was the first thing that happened to us when getting into our town. We got to wait for a train to pass.


Jim and Heidi were able to come out for a few days and help us unpack the truck. It was nice having people here helping us. They were a huge help.
Grandpa Jim and Carly

Grandma Heidi and Carly

Grandma Heidi reading to Carly.
Carly helping daddy set up our Sleep Number bed. Jeremy and I have never slept so well!

 This was the first meal with just Carly and I when Jeremy was at work. Little did I know, this would be the only dinner I would have alone while Jeremy being at work, at least for now. He gets time for dinner and since we live so close to his work, he gets to come home! I just have to make sure I have it ready so he can eat and get back. I am just grateful he gets to come home for that little bit because this shift he is working isn't so fun.

Poor little Carly. We have moved and she is STILL teething. This mixture of two dramatic things in her little life has made her quite clingy. Some days all she wants to do is snuggle with me on the couch and fall asleep. I am okay with that! I love when she is snuggly.

2 comments:

  1. You are so good about keeping this up and posting wonderful pictures. I love your new home and that we could come out and help. Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read the whole blog the first time.! I'm so glad that you are keeping this up (apparently, you have 'followers'. :)...) I hope you are enjoying your new place,making many new friends, and keep that baby close! lol... your walks daily are a great way for her to meet the neighbors, afterall.. she is an eye-catcher ! :) love yas!

    ReplyDelete