Thursday, June 19, 2014

Yes, I'm still counting.16 months!

Carly is 16 months old today. She is quite the toddler now. Some new things she can do:

-She can fold her arms when we say prayers.
-moves her arms out of the straps of her car seat after we unbuckle her so we can get her out of the car
-open and close drawers (She plays with my drawer in the bathroom and the third drawer down in the kitchen. Silly girl. Some days I didn't know where my retainer case was or make up remover.)
-Carly can turn on and off our radio. One day I asked if she wanted to listen to some music, I had never asked her this before, she walks right over and pushes the power button and starts dancing. Jeremy and I were surprised. 
-She can finally climb on and off of her little riding puppy we got her for Christmas. She practices every day. It is cute to watch.
-She blows kisses when we say goodbye to someone. Love this.
This girl loves avocado. 


I cannot believe how much she understands when we speak to her
-When we ask her to get in her chair so we can eat, she walks right over to it and waits to be lifted up.
-We ask if she wants to go on a walk, she runs to the door and bangs on it.
-She is starting to pick out her own clothes. I had a basket of her clothes and asked her what she wanted to wear today. She pulled out the cute bib overalls and handed them to me.
-I tell her we are going upstairs to get ready for bed. To read scriptures and say our prayers. She instantly wants to be carried and folds her arms on the way up the stairs so we can pray. :) 
-I asked her today to get me a diaper so we can change her diaper. She went and got a diaper and threw it at me. Close enough :)

Fish face. She was doing this all day.
Words she can say: Dada, mama, cheese, bath, duck, shoes, juice, ball, Jesus, Jack, blanket.
We are working on 'please' I think she says it every now and then.

New teeth! 
She has cut three out of the four molars that are coming in. Poor girl. This explains the rotten behavior lately. She is just not the happy baby when she is teething. 

Today it was raining. Well the past three days we have had thunderstorms. Carly wanted to go outside so we went and played in the rain. She LOVED it. 



I love love love being a mom to this little girl. Carly is just so fun! I love watching her grow every day and being able to see the little changes. She continues to show more and more personality. She is becoming more snuggly. She will grab a blanket and come and watch a show with me on the couch. I do love that she goes everywhere with me. I am usually never alone and I love this.

Her biggest smile. I just love it.



3 comments:

  1. So ooooo cute. She needs to come see pap pa and oma...... you can bring her!!.. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the age that your dad and I always want to'freeze' the baby. .. They are so fun as they learn and discover the world. .... always loved this age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe it is your turn to come to us mother. We have been there three times. And yes, this would be a fun age to 'freeze' her. She has no worries in the world and is so fun!

    ReplyDelete