Sunday, October 12, 2014

Time Out for Women

I was able to go to Time Out for Women. It was Friday night and Saturday in Madison, Wisconsin. This is a conference where women gather and have speakers and musical artist performs. It is put on by The Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints, but women of other faiths come as well. The conferences are all over the country and Madison was the closest one to me. I was invited to go with my sister-in-law Breanna. We went with two women from her ward. If you get a group of four or more there is a discount. We stayed in Madison Friday night and came home Saturday after the conference was over.


There was a photo competition on social media #TOFWmadison :) 


The conference was held on an ice rink. We pulled up a cover to show the ice. :) I was definitely just fine with the ice so I wasn't so hot. 
After the weekend of listening to the speakers I feel like I need to be a better mom. The talks were super uplifting and so good to hear. We were able to hear from singer/song writer Hilary Weeks. I have listened to her music since I was little so I was pretty excited to hear her live. Her songs are uplifting and I can learn from each of them. One of the songs talked about letting the dishes be dirty in the sink and be with the ones we love. I bawled through this whole song. The song is called "If I Only Had Today" If you listen to it. Be prepared to cry. I just love how much it talks about listening to the heartbeat and memorizing the details of the faces we love. It was a good reminder of what is really important in life. :)  I have days that all I feel like I should do is clean. But really I should be focusing on my sweet husband and my beautiful daughter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment