Sunday, March 29, 2015

what a week!

This is what happens when I take a nap on my bed. It ended up being a 2.5 hour nap instead of a thirty minute nap that I usually enjoy on the couch snuggled with Emma. Jeremy took Emma for me so I could take a nap. Oh well. I guess I needed sleep. But now I can't get to sleep. So here I am eating ice cream and writing on my blog. Finally!

This past week has been filled with boxes, packing tape, quick easy dinners, sunshine, cleaning, shampooing our carpets only to find that they were masking a dog smell (yeah gross. I strongly dislike the smell of dog, especially in a house, especially in MY house...we are getting it taken care of. UGH) 

I have felt all kinds of emotions this past week while packing up the apartment to move to this big house! I have been so overwhelmed. I have found that when I'm overwhelmed and my to do list is a million things I shut down. Like all I want to do is just sit on the couch and watch my show and nurse Emma. But! I did get all the packing done and it was all ready to go when movers came Saturday. I have also felt excited. I have been complaining to Jeremy for the past year and a half about where we lived, in the apartment. And now we own a house! holy moly. So exciting. 

I will say I will not miss apartment living. Not at all. I won't miss sharing a wall with the people beside us. I won't miss kids playing in the grass right outside my front window. I won't miss after a year and a half walking into the house, it still not smell like it's my house. I won't miss the clean checks. I won't miss maintenance knocking on our door at eight in the morning in response to our maintenance request to fix something. I won't miss hearing when our neighbors flush their toilets or take a shower. I won't miss not being able to have our windows open because everyone smokes. Nope. I won't miss any of that.

As we were sitting down to dinner last night, that was prepared and delivered by my visiting teachers, THANKYOU!! Jeremy and I were talking and he asked if I felt rich. haha. I said YES. He said that he feels rich too. haha. Only because we own a house. Not because we are actually rich but because owning is a house is what rich people do..right?! haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment