Saturday, September 26, 2015

Baby Shower

I was able to host a baby shower for my friend, Vicki. I loved being able to plan the game, food, party favor, invites, and decorations. 

We played baby jeopardy. 
Newborn Trivia, Baby Gear, Nursery Rhymes, and Baby 101 (were actually questions about mommy-to-be). 



I loved finding gold, coral, and peach things for the party. The little details were so fun!


These were the only decorations I had, but I spent a lot of time painting them and Vicki got to keep them for the baby's room. :) 
Oh and I made this diaper wreath because it was kind of a diaper shower. 


The invites! Ah! They turned out just how I wanted them to. I bought a pad of Baby Girl scrapbook paper and printed out the words for the invite. Then I traced the diaper outline and cut them each out. It took a while. But they turned out so darn cute.


Game: We played Baby Jeopardy. I found the game online and printed it. I just had to find and put together the questions and answers.
Food: We served a vegetable tray and fruit tray. Chocolate chip cookies. Gold wrapped candy. Peach and coral skittles (I picked out the colors I didn't want) and chicken salad on croissants.
Punch: It was delicious. I had never made punch but who can go wrong with juice, sprite, and pineapple juice??!
Guest: There were so many people that came. I had 25 people here at one time in my house! Our house is so open and perfect for lots of people. (Makes me love my house even more. I was kind of nervous too because this was the first time that most people would have seen our house.)

Party favors: I had the saying "Thank you for touching Vicki's life by attending her shower, Now you can touch her baby". In a little cute bag with hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works. I kept going back to the store to get more because more and more people were coming! :)

2 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest invites I've ever seen. You put in a ton of effort and time and it all looks great! I hope it was super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! The decorations were fantastic!!! What a good friend you are.

    ReplyDelete