Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Today marks Carly being 18 months old, 20 weeks of being pregnant, and we found out we are having another girl! 

Wow, I feel like I have tried to hide pictures of myself and not really give hints that I was pregnant. I just didn't want to post it until we knew what the gender was. I feel it has flown because I haven't been constantly thinking about it! I am already half way done. 

I feel just as good if not better than I did when I was pregnant with Carly. From week 6-10 were probably my worst weeks. Just being nauseous and having no energy to do anything. I can deal with that though. I just made sure I was eating and drinking as often as I could. The problem for a while was that I didn't feel like eating anything. Nothing sounded good. But now, at 20 weeks, I feel so good. Some days I forget I am pregnant just because how good I feel. I am definitely blessed. I am still tired and need my naps. I am normally a tired person though, so I have always been a huge fan of naps. 

Some things that have saved me this pregnancy is my pregnancy pillow. The only reason why I spent that much on something from Kohls was because I took back some KitchenAid attachments that I never used and got some money back to buy the pillow. But! I sure do sleep so well and miss it when I go on vacation. 

Another thing that has saved me is chocolate milk. For some reason every night when I get Carly her warm milk before putting her down, I want a giant glass of chocolate milk. We sit and drink our milk together before I put her to bed. We get those big Nesquik containers from Costco and I love it. 

Carly is such a good napper for me. This has also saved me. I continue to stay up for Jeremy every night, which I love, and without a nap every day I don't know how I could do that. 

Ice Breaker Cinnamon flavored mints have saved me. For some reason that after taste of things gets to me. I can't stand after eating something and the after taste. I bought some of these and it hasn't bothered me since. Carly ate my last one today. Turns out she loves them!

A patient husband has also saved me. Some days I have all the energy in the world and can do the dishes, pick up the living room, put the laundry away before he comes home, and give Carly a bath. Other days, I don't do any of that. I sit on the recliner and watch my show until he gets home. He doesn't ask questions or make any rude comments as to why the dirty dishes from lunch aren't put in the dish washer. He just gives me a kiss and we talk about our days. How I love my husband. 

Right now I still wear regular size shirts, some maternity pants, and dresses. I bought two pair of cute leggings from Target online and love them. They are so light weight and are comfortable. I would never wear them if I wasn't pregnant. I think being pregnant gives you an excuse to wear whatever is comfortable and cute. 
Some days I can't wear pants that are tight on my lower belly. Today I found out why! The baby is sitting right there! I thought she was super low just by where I can feel her kick. I don't ever remember Carly being that low. The ultrasound doctor had a hard time at first seeing her head because she was super low. She eventually moved and we were able to see everything just fine. Now I know why my lower stomach has been so sensitive. 

I have already gained 14 pounds. At 20 weeks with Carly I had only gained 6! Oh well, I'm not worried. I'm still at the point that some people just stare at my belly and others will ask. I have told some people from church, mostly those that have asked. It's just not something that I tell people very well. Jeremy LOVES telling people and making me turn bright red in the face. Just mid conversation he would say, "Hey did you know Krystal's pregnant?" haha. I love him. 

20 week picture:
I started yawning just as I snapped the picture. This is what I do most days. Yawn.












No comments:

Post a Comment