Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving break

For Thanksgiving we were able to fly to Utah! The Pitchforth's always have Thanksgiving with another family, the Schwab's, and so we decided to make the trip. 



We flew out of Des Moines because it was much cheaper. We were able to stay with a family friend and her husband Monday night and fly out Tuesday morning. As you can see, she had TWO border collies. Carly was in love. She woke up in the morning barking because she knew there were dogs to play with. She even gave the dogs kisses. 


We were so impressed with Carly. I expected the worst for our flights. But she did AWESOME. Like beyond good. We had a three hour lay over in Las Vegas on the way to Utah. She actually fell asleep on me in the airport. I took her for a walk and she started to drag her blanket and got mad that I didn't want it to be on the floor. I picked her up and kept walking, pretty soon she was heavy and super hot. Score! She was fast asleep and slept on me for an hour! Just in time to wake up and get on our next flight. 


Carly wanted her daddy the whole flight! This is unusual because usually she is attached to me. This was nice because of my big belly, it is kind of hard to hold her on my lap for a long time. 


On Thanksgiving, Korbin, Lydia, and their baby Brielle were able to to come and visit. Carly and I were able to see Brielle just a few weeks old. I can't get over how big she is!

Four out of seven were able to see each other on Thanksgiving! 



We went bowling with everyone. We got to the store after leaving the bowling alley and Heidi looked down at her feet, 'you have got to be kidding me'. She still had her bowling shoes on. :) haha Good thing when we went back to the bowling alley, our group was walking out of the bowling alley and clapped for Heidi as she walked in to return the shoes. :) haha


The Schwab's are all Michigan fans. We are Ohio State fans. We sure did enjoy the game this year! We had to get a picture of the babies in their team attire. 



Clayton, Franki, and I were able to go to Cafe Rio for a sibling date. I love their pulled pork burritos. 

Bragging pictures to send to mom and dad!



As we were driving back to the Schwab's house after Cafe Rio, Franki mentioned that this was her first time seeing the Logan Temple and that it was her favorite temple. Clayt quickly made a turn and went to the temple so Franki could see the outside and touch it for the first time. 





With the Schwab's and Pitchforth's we were able to play lots of Mexican Trains, Monopoly Deal, 31, and watched lots of football. We also went and played wallyball, volleyball, and went bowling. It was so fun to see everyone and have them get to know Carly. Carly was in love with Hannah! It was so cute. We would all be sitting and talking or playing a game, Carly would walk right over to Hannah and say please as she is pulling her over to play with her. We had such a great trip! 


Our flight home was late and I was really worried Carly would be grumpy. Yet again, she amazed us and was perfect! Thank goodness for Jeremy's smart phone that he put a few movies on for her. We always had the window seat and she loved looking out. We also made sure we had plenty of snacks. She enjoyed the complimentary apple juice from Southwest. I made trail mix, she did a good job of eating only the m&m's and sharing everything else with Jeremy and I. haha. silly girl. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of you with your siblings! Everyone looks great! How old is Lydia's baby? She looks much bigger than I expected her to...she must be older than I think. :) I'm glad Carly was a good traveler for you. And you are adorable preggers!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brielle is 4 months old. She is a keeper! :) Yes, we are so glad that Carly traveled well. And thanks for the compliment. I'm not feeling adorable, just very large! haha. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete