Friday, January 23, 2015

2 weeks with 2 kids!

I cannot believe Jeremy and I have two kids!!

People keep asking us how it is with two kids now. We haven't really experienced a whole lot with having two kids. We have gone to the store a few times with all of us. Jeremy does everything though. I can't pick up Carly. I can't pick up the car seat. It is nice to get out. I am told by several people that walking helps me heal faster. Even though I am in quite a bit of pain when we go out (getting in and out of the car hurts a lot) I love getting out with Jeremy and our girls.

Well, today is my first day with no help. I had Jeremy for a few days at home. Then I had my mom. Then we had Jeremy's mom.

Hardest part of my life right now:  Not being able to pick up Carly. The other day I was trying to take her to her room for a nap. She was already exhausted. She kept wanting up for me to carry her. We sat on the stairs for a few minutes just so I could hold her. This was SO hard for me.

 I am told to keep as much routine as I can even with a new baby. The mornings getting Carly milk and watching shows together, nap time when I take her up to bed and give her a kiss, and bed time routine of Jeremy and I being there and then Jer leaving so I can sing to her. She knows her routines and loves them.

Now that we have Emma, I bribe Carly with holding her. She loves Emma being in her bed with her. One of the first nights of us being home, we were putting Carly to bed. Carly patted her pillow so we could lay Emma down. Then she said bye to us. Like we were going to leave Emma there?!!! haha. We laughed and told Carly that Emma has her own bed.





Poor Carly. We took Emma in for her doctors appointment on Monday. Sure enough. Carly had a double ear infection. :( This explains why she hasn't been sleeping very well and coughing at night. The next day she was a ton better. She still throws her little tantrums sometimes but they are much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment