Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Recovery

Recovery from my c section has been really good. I say 'good' because this was my first c section and I have nothing to compare it to. I say 'good' because I haven't taken pain killers in 9 days! I told this to my sister and she asked what I am doing different. When she was here, I would count down to the minute that I could take another pain med. I was in so much pain. Now I am feeling so much better.

I would say that a life saver for my recovery is the postpartum support band my mom and mother-in-law bought for me from Babies R Us.  I was told to try one because it kind of holds everything in. Yes, it does hold the flab on my belly in and so it's not pulling on my incision. The day I started wearing it, was the day I stopped taking pain meds. I ordered a bigger size from amazon because the one I am wearing is a little snug. The snug one is WAY better. It gives much more support and keeps my belly from moving a bunch. 

I still do feel some burning and pull on my incision, but it is bearable. My incision only has one little scab left on it. It's on my left side, which was the most painful side anyways. 

I would say the worst part right now is getting in and out of bed. Getting in and out of bed just uses so much of your stomach muscles! Who knew?! I have slowly started to take over the household chores again. (Jeremy is a super dad and I gave him a to do list and he is being awesome about doing things).  We have also had tons of help from the ward about bringing dinners. Our ward has some amazing cooks! :) 


Today I went to the store for the first time with just me and the GIRLS. I text Jeremy when I got home and said that I made it! There were tears shed on the way home, but they weren't mine! I would say it was a successful trip. I might even try it again. :) 

Going out by myself with the girls is just scary because I'm not really supposed to lift anything weighing more than Emma. HA! We went to Joanns to pick up some supplies for my next craft projects. :) Carly was more than happy to just walk around and help push the cart. She did stay close by because she is completely obsessed with Emma. 

If only we could all look so peaceful while sleeping.

I love sleeping pictures of Jeremy and one of our babies. :)

Carly insisting on changing Emma's diaper during belly time.

Carly loves when Emma has belly time. She usually lays right next to her and talks to her. 


I had her arms down in her SwaddleMe wrap. As soon as I took it off, she put her arms right up by her face and fell asleep. :) 




1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you! You are doing great. I am glad you found something to help with the incision healing and to comfort you some as you move. Thanks to those great mommas in your life! Did you read NieNie's post today about mothers? So good! Anyway, I love the pictures you share and I am glad you are being well taken care of. I wish I was in your ward to help out. And because I would love to be in the area that has the Nauvoo temple for their temple work assignments. ;) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete