Sunday, July 12, 2015

Bubbles, Parks and Sunshine

I had an embarrassing mommy moment. Carly on a daily basis will 'nurse' her stuffed animal Jack. We had the missionaries over for dinner Friday. They were sharing a spiritual message with us. Carly grabbed Jack, sat on her rocker, and began to 'nurse' Jack right in front of them. BAHAHA. All of us busted out laughing. I was crying I was laughing so hard. One elder asked what I teach my child. I thought 'well what does she see me do every hour with Emma??!'  Oh dear.


Bad mommy moment. We walk all the way to the park. Only to find that it was hot enough for kids to be playing at the splash pad. All Carly could say was 'water' and point to the splash pad. I did not bring her swim suit only thinking it was too cold to play in water.
Note to self: it is never to cold for toddlers to play in water.
Carly walked all the way home from the park! haha. Easiest way to get her home. Usually she screams at me because she doesn't want to leave. She was the one that grabbed the stroller and started pushing it home. haha.


This girl and her bubbles. 


We taught her how to run with the bubbles. She loves it!



Best $2 we have spent in a while for Carly. This red bucket that she fills up with water and dumps it. It is constant entertainment for her.  



We took her to the pool last week. We found out that she is totally fine with splash pads. She loves being able to walk around and fill things up with water.


I love after a long day when both girls smell like outside, sunscreen, and bug spray. I tell Jeremy it makes me feel like a 'good mom' when they smell like 'outside'. Some days I get so caught up in my 'to do' list and forget that the girls need to play and be outside!


I love love love being a mom to these girls. How I do things most days, holding one or both of them. They are both mommy's girls when they get up from their naps. :)   :) 

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this :) and I love what you said about which smells make you feel like a good mom 😊

    ReplyDelete