Monday, July 27, 2015

J & K update

I feel like I'm always updating on the girls. I just don't want to forget anything and have it documented somewhere that we can look back on.

Jeremy has been doing great! (Well at least I think he is doing great). He is loving his job. He works from 5:30a.m.-2:00p.m. Monday through Friday. He has always loved getting up early so this is perfect. He loves that he has so much time after work to spend with the girls before they go to bed at 7.

We have loved playing outside with chalk, bubbles, our swing set, going to parks, watching him mow our yard and the neighbor's yard, going on walks, playing card games.

I have been loving being a stay at home mom. It has its perks. Like for instance, some days I don't feel like going anywhere. So we don't. Some days I just need out of the house, so we go somewhere. Some days I just want to watch every move the girls make because these are the days that we don't have to worry about school or sports or being anywhere. These days are precious and won't last forever.
Jeremy and I are trying to eat more healthy, so finding new recipes has been fun. Some are total fails and some are keepers.

I LOVE my house. I am just trying to make plans for projects. I want to do something with our little half bath that is off of the master bedroom. It isn't updated and needs a little help. I think it has the original flooring and mirror. Both I would love to replace. It doesn't have any shelves or anywhere to put things so I can get ready in the morning.

 I also want to do the girls' room. Eventually we are moving them into the same room and so it will be pink for Carly and purple for Emma. Now that we own a house I can paint the walls! I'm thinking an accent wall or stripes?! Just thinking though. It's exciting that I can think about painting.

My days are exhausting. By the time I get up (anywhere between 6:00-7:30), feed everyone, exercise, shower, dress everyone, laundry and dishes, clean up the messes, do dinner, make our bed right before Jer gets home, I just want to chill. Then when Jer gets home he usually wants to do something.

We have been going grocery shopping once a week when he gets home and that's nice. It's nice so I don't have to do it alone with both girls. It's nice so I don't spend nearly as much when I have Jeremy. It takes off some pressure when Carly throws a fit or Emma gets hungry. Because I don't look like a young mom that can't control her kids!




1 comment:

  1. This is great !!!! I remember those fun days too... and enjoyed having your dad help me with 'things' when he could. Thanks for updating....

    ReplyDelete