Sunday, August 30, 2015

Being a mom

I have been making a list in my mind the past few months about what it's like to be a mom. I want to write these down before I lose them.

I always think about what has changed since having kids. I asked Jeremy this question and he had nothing. I laughed and told him my list.

I never have to worry about the mirror fogging up during the shower, because the door is never closed.

Mom brain is totally real. I have mom brain two different ways. 1. If I don't write things down I forget, doctors appointments, activities. 2. I get up at three in the morning to nurse Emma and I can't get back to sleep because my brain won't shut off! (Last week's example: I have a garage sale in the morning! Ahhh. We are leaving Tuesday for a long trip, Yikes! and I have a baby shower to plan for next month!

My view when I use the bathroom is a child sitting in front of me or screaming because she can't find me. (Sometimes I sneak into our bathroom in our bedroom so I get one more second alone before a baby finds me).

I laugh when Jeremy says he is exhausted after watching the girls for an hour so I can take a Sunday nap.

I don't have to listen to my parents anymore but I do get demands from a two year old who tells me what to do.

When I picture experiencing something new, sometimes just thinking about the preparation going into the trip is exhausting. (We went to the Children's Museum in Iowa City on Friday, I was to tired before we even got there).

Anytime I get a bowl of cereal I better be ready to share it with my babies.

I always tell myself when bad things happen to me "I'm a mom of two, I'm a mom of two." Because no matter what, they still love me.

Every day I tell myself I have one chance to get ready for the day. So if I want to look nice that night, I had better do my hair now or I won't get a chance.

Bedtime is the saddest and best part of my day. I miss the girls but I sure do look forward to that break every day. It is such a relief as a mom when the babies are finally asleep for the night.

I love love love being a mom to my babies. I just love seeing what has changed since being a mom. I wouldn't have it any other way.













No comments:

Post a Comment