Sunday, August 30, 2015

Our 2.5 year old!

Carly is two and a half now! Wow. I wanted to update on her while I can still think of things she enjoys doing at this time in her life.

Carly loves Emma. She loves when she is awake before Emma and when I go to get Emma. They have the biggest smiles for each other.

Carly loves to paint. We have paints out on the counter and this past week she has painted at least twice a day. She is really good with watercolor paint and doesn't make a big mess. She is becoming quite the little artist. She even puts a paint brush in each hand and paints.

Carly loves Play Doh. We were at Walmart a few weeks ago picking out a new bumper for Emma's crib and behind me was a huge display of Play Doh. She got so excited and was pointing. I let her out of the cart and she picked a purple one! She plays with this every day as well.

Carly loves to read. I have books in her room and in the family room. I'm not a huge fan of them in the family room it makes it look messy, but she is always grabbing books to read from there and goes and sits on the couch. So I can't bring myself to move them because I don't want her to stop 'reading' them. When she gets her favorite books she will bring them to us and we will sit and read with her. Lately she is hooked on the Disney books, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Dumbo, Lion King. She is still obsessed with the Highlights books that she gets in the mail every month that my parents ordered for her.

Carly loves toast. Anytime I ask her, day or night, what she wants to eat she always replies "toast". haha.

Carly loves her milk. She always has milk before nap time and bedtime and usually when she wakes up in the morning. She likes it in her sippy cups and warmed up in the microwave. Today Jeremy tried giving her a cup with milk, she wouldn't drink it and pointed to the microwave. Silly daddy.

Carly loves eggs. She will only eat her eggs with ketchup on them.

Carly loves to pick the paper off her crayons. This drives Jeremy crazy. She was doing it today during church and was looking right up at Jeremy while doing it. haha.

Carly loves flip flops. Anytime we are going to leave, she looks down at her feet and says 'flip flop?!' It's the shoe she loves wearing lately and hopefully we can get another month or so of flip flop weather.

Carly loves saying 'help'. Sometimes she needs help. Sometimes it's her asking if she can help. Sometimes it's her saying she can do it all by herself. For instance, the other day Jeremy was trying to put her in the car seat. Carly yelled 'I help!' and got all the way out of the car and climbed up into her car seat all by herself. Goof.

Carly loves to be naked, only for a minute though. She does a naked dance and moves her bum back and forth. haha.

Carly is the best big sister. Anytime we are going somewhere, she asks 'Emma?' Like she wants to make sure Emma is coming too. It is so cute. She is always the first one to hear Emma when she wakes up and she gets so excited to go and help get her out of her crib. She loves feeding Emma. We started breaking off whatever we are eating and feeding it to Emma. Carly LOVES this. She broke off a piece of her bagel today and looked at us 'Emma?' to make sure she could give it to her. When Carly is coloring or playing with chalk she always asks 'Emma?' because she wants us to write Emma's name.

Carly loves splash pads and parks. She loves helping us with Emma. She loves closing Emma's door after we lay her down. She loves watching shows. She loves Curious George.

I love my little two and a half year old. I love watching her experience life. It is way better going somewhere new with her and watching her get excited. I love you Carly Ann!



touchdown!

muscles!

goof.

I love how she runs.

This happy girl makes my heart happy!!




Fish face. Sometimes when I ask for a kiss, I get a fish kiss. haha.

2 comments:

  1. this is so funny!!!! So cute that you can 'journal' her life. (can you get these printed to keep?). I love all the pics. She's getting soooo big! LOVE HER! (and Emma... and you and Jeremy.. lol)

    ReplyDelete