Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Colorado trip!

We left last Tuesday morning for a trip to Colorado. Jeremy's little sister, Kellie, got married! We got to see tons of family and had tons of fun! 

This road trip consisted of 12 hours in the car, cheese-its, peanut m&m's, lunch meat sandwiches, coloring, reading books, gatorade, Jeremy's talk radio, naps, chilly weather (50 degrees), two happy girls, and two blessed parents. 

Our sweet Carly was so tired she fell asleep while coloring, still holding onto her purple crayon.

Our precious Emma enjoyed all the food I could give her. Including this delicious candy.

Silly girl, wanted her pillow like that while she read her Curious George book.


We were in Colorado early enough so we could be in the temple when Kellie went through for the first time. Yayy!!! We were so glad that we could be there for her.

This was Carly's best friend all weekend. Shasta! Any chance Carly had, she would ask to go outside to throw the ball for Shasta. And she even got to play with the hose!
Carly was following Shasta around and then Shasta went and sat on the grass.
This is how Carly sat beside her. :)

They were busy watching squirrels in the tree.

Kellie, Jamie, Abby, and I snuck away for a bit and got our nails done for the wedding!

I should have gotten a picture of all four of us while we were sitting beside each other, in these chairs. oh well. Hey Jamie!

Saturday, August 22nd
Wedding Day!!!!
that dress! that bow! those shoes! and that adorable girl!!! love love love.
My cute family ready for the wedding! 


Uncle Talon and Carly got a little nap in before getting to the Temple.

perfect day. perfect Temple!
 (Jeremy and I were sealed here too!!)
photo fail:  I didn't take any pictures of Kellie and Brad! ugh. I will definitely have to steal some. They were so happy and such a cute couple. 

I will say one thing. I have changed my mind as to who I look at during a wedding. During Brad and Kellie's sealing, I wasn't able to see Kellie because the sealer was standing in the way. All I could see was Brad. But the look on his face was priceless. His eyes were glued on his beautiful bride and he could not stop smiling! What a great memory I will have of their sealing. Usually I look at the bride, but this changed my mind. The groom says it all.
On our way into the luncheon. Carly finally got to spend some time with her cousin Tucker. They are two months apart and it is SO fun to watch them interact.
This weekend was a much anticipated one because Carly knows who Tucker is (we watch videos of him often) but since we live so far away we don't get to see them much.
She was so excited to hold his hand.




This is how we got two toddlers through the luncheon. haha. Ipads and the empty room they ran around in. 
Carly and the Temple! 
Poor Emma. She was so so so good and so so so tired.

I asked to take a picture of her. I needed one of just her and her dress.
Four generation picture
Great-Grandma Shirley, Grandpa Jim, Jeremy, Carly & Emma

daddy and his girls

Carly was obsessed with Kellie! It was so darn cute. Any time I couldn't find her during the reception I would look at Kellie's hand and there she was, just holding it and looking up at her.
After church the next day, Carly walked to the car 'talking' on her phone. We asked her who she was talking to, she said 'Kellie!' (At this point Kellie was on her honeymoon and Carly kept asking for her). She sure does love her Aunt Kellie and new Uncle Brad!
We spent our time in Colorado playing wallyball, going on walks to the park, playing outside with Shasta, getting to know cousins (finally meeting Anthon & Sawyer), making pasta salad for the reception, playing volleyball at Jim's work, not sleeping through the night, and enjoying Saturday celebrating with Brad and Kellie! 

1 comment:

  1. Today was the first time I've sat and gone through blogs. These are the cutest pictures. I am so happy you guys came and spent a week with us. I love love love your sweet family! Thank you for making the trek!

    ReplyDelete