Thursday, September 28, 2017

Days leading up to Ryan's birth

My mom got here Friday morning (September 15th). I had a doctor's appointment at 2:30 and Jeremy went with me. Oma picked up Carly from preschool. Then Jeremy and I went out that night for my birthday dinner.

Saturday morning there was a Curiosity Day at the library with Curious George. We got there just in time to hear the rest of the book, see George, and have fruit snacks and stickers. Then we headed to Tucker Park with Oma.

Saturday after naps we headed to Wickiup Hill. It is a cute little museum that is free! And the girls loved it. Outside there are trails you can walk. Jeremy took the girls out for a bit, while mom and I stayed inside. I did not feel like walking.

Sunday Carly had her primary program practice, Oma got to watch it. It was my birthday! We had people for cake and ice cream.

Monday was his due date. Oh my goodness. I hate due dates. Especially when they come and go and baby still isn't here! Monday we headed to Old McDonald's Farm with Oma and Uncle Clayt while Jeremy went to work. They had a huge bunny just hopping around! It was adorable. Totally freaked Emma out. haha it hopped right to her. They also had a pedal tractor for little kids. Carly wanted to ride it the whole time. She did give it up a few times because we weren't the only ones there with kids. We kept Carly home from preschool because she had a little stuffy nose and a cough. At 4 we went bowling for dollar night. I almost beat Jeremy being 40 weeks pregnant! It is my goal to beat him. Clayt did awesome, and Oma got beat by the four year old. haha

Tuesday we went to AirFx with Uncle Clayt. It is a trampoline park and the girls had a blast. The girls are so much better at jumping because we have our own trampoline. Carly would actually jump really high and far into the foam pit. They loved it. Clayt even did a back flip into the foam pit for them. So Emma would do one too. She would back up to the edge of the foam pit while jumping and then jump with her back facing the foam pit. haha Tuesday I had an ultrasound. Jeremy went with me. Mom stayed with Emma and picked up Carly from preschool. The ultrasound was to check four things, his heart, breathing in and out of his nose and mouth, his big movements, and small movements. He wouldn't kick or anything for like 15 minutes! She had to give him 30 minutes to make a big kick or movement. Ugh. It took forever and was making me sweat. I was getting nervous. But he finally started moving around. She also checked fluids. He was just fine. The doctor scheduled an induction for 9:00 on Thursday morning.

Tuesday night Uncle Clayt had to head back to Omaha.

Wednesday we went to the play station for their Community Appreciation Day for play group. I could not believe I was STILL pregnant. My mom was supposed to fly out this day, but she changed her flight to Friday morning.

Wednesday night at 12:30 I started having contractions that woke me up. I started timing them at 1:00a.m. Thursday morning. They were getting super hard and closer together. I woke up Jeremy at 2. We packed up everything and headed to the hospital!



















1 comment:

  1. So much fun to have a Clayton surprise. I love that he is so close to you and can just hop on over to visit. It looks like you had a great day and felt the love everyone has for you.

    ReplyDelete