Tuesday, April 30, 2013

10 weeks flew by!


Carly is 10 weeks old today!!
Carly loves to stick her tongue out and have her hands interlocked!


Sleep: She goes to bed at about eight and then is up at one and five to eat. These stretches of five and four hours are SO nice! Sometimes it's even longer. She loves to fall asleep as I read to her. For about three weeks now, we have been able to lay her in her crib when she is fully awake and she falls right to sleep. Sometimes she cries a little, but she goes to sleep on her own. It is hard for me to hear her cry, but I know it is good for her to fall asleep on her own instead of me rocking her to sleep. Which I LOVE.

Eating: She eats about every three hours during the day and every four to five hours during the night. Some days, like Sunday, I felt I never put her down! She was constantly eating. Even through church she ate and ate, slept a little, and ate some more!

Experiences: Carly has now been to her first wedding. My friend Leslie Willis got married this past weekend. She loved all the attention of being passed around by all the old ladies :) She has been to many track meets to watch Aunt Dana and Uncle Leo. She loves being outside. The other day I could not get her to calm down. So I put a blanket around her and walked around outside. She fell right to sleep.

Carly also experienced her first bonfire. We had a bonfire for Uncle Leo's birthday on Friday. Carly loved it. She stared at the fire the whole time. Until I put a blanket around her and she fell asleep on me:)

Achievements: Carly holds her head up. She loves to 'sit' up with our help. She smiles all the time. She says "agoo" when we talk to her. One morning Jeremy and I heard Carly at eight. She was sneezing and cooing in her crib. It wasn't until twenty minutes later that she started crying and needed changed.

Favorites: ME! :) Grandma Karen was holding Carly at a track meet. Carly was crying. As soon as Grandma Karen gave Carly to me she smiled :) She also LOVES her daddy. When I can't get her to stop crying I just give her to Jeremy and she settles down.

Carly and mommy on Sunday last week. She wore her new red dress from her great-aunt Julie.

She always sleeps with her arms out like this :)

This is what happens when she falls asleep with her headband on her head :) Her hair is all messed up!

Carly always just stares at the camera when we get it out to get pictures of her

Carly loves to chew on her hand. She just started doing this

She fell asleep on me! I LOVE this.
We couldn't figure out why Carly was screaming so loud in the car. Well, this is why! This wasn't the first time it happened. She loves to move her hands and she always knocks it right into her eyes. :)

This is the face you get from Carly when she is smiling and then you put the camera in her face. She just stares. haha





3 comments:

  1. She is getting so big!! I love the chunky cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy for videos!!! haha, and Jeremy was right--she loves to stare at that camera. But still so fun to see a few of her giggles, if only that :)

    ReplyDelete