Sunday, September 7, 2014

J & K update


This past week we have enjoyed Jeremy working early! Wahoo. This is a huge deal for us. For the past YEAR Jeremy has worked evenings. This meant no dinner, no bedtime routine with daddy, no goodnight kisses from daddy, no normal Friday night dates, nothing really on a week day night because Jeremy would be working. And nothing in the morning really because we would be so tired from staying up so late.

Anyways, I feel like we see him a LOT now. He works from 6-2:30p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. He has Sunday and Monday off. It is so nice to have him home for the night and for Carly to spend so much time with him!!! I feel like a normal mom now and can function during the day with Carly when she wakes up at 7a.m. Carly and I get up at 7a.m. every morning and she has been taking two naps for me this past week. I have a reason to make dinner now and we can actually go do things when he gets home from work. For instance, on Friday we went to Costco and was home by 5p.m. (Costco is a half hour away).

We have enjoyed doing more games nights with friends. Before we could only do things on the weekend nights because of Jeremy's work schedule. Now we can do it whenever!

Jeremy and I actually feel human now. We get to bed early and wake up early. And don't feel like sleeping all day long. Okay, I don't feel like I need to sleep all day long.

I have a goal to make baby #2's blessing dress. It is the white dress that they wear when they get a name and a blessing into the church. Carly wore mine that I wore when I was blessed. I want to makea new one for this baby's haha. I laugh because the only sewing projects like this I have ever done my mom is there to pretty much explain everything to me. I don't understand all the sewing terms so I am figuring things out. I did a practice round with the pattern I bought to make the dress. The dress turned out fine! I just need to add buttons. I am also in the process of making Carly a matching skirt with this pink flowered fabric. Super excited about that. I don't think I will always have the girls match. Maybe just occasionally have them match or at least wear the same color. cute cute.

I have also enjoyed preparing my sharing time lessons for Primary. I teach children between the ages 3-12 years old. The lesson topic is already given to me. I have had fun trying to find things to do with the kids to teach them the gospel principles. Today our theme was "I show my gratitude by offering thanks for all my blessings." We discussed the parable of the Ten Lepers (Luke 17:11-19). We talked about how only ONE came back and thanked Jesus for healing him. We then made a Grateful Tree. Each child wrote something they were grateful for on a leaf and taped it to my branches I had in a vase. I used these two websites I found on pinterest for ideas to teach my lesson. http://daniellesplace.com/html/rr_samplelepers.html 
 http://honeywerehome.blogspot.com/2011/09/feeling-blessed.html 
I love being able to prepare my lesson. But really, the kids are the ones teaching me! The answers they come up with are just eye opening. I asked them what they were grateful for to give them ideas to write on their leaf, some answers were: legos, house, car bed, food, pizza, toys. Normal answers right? But then some were grateful for family, Jesus, The Atonement, Agency, Church, Book of Mormon, scriptures, Heavenly Father. I love my calling!


No comments:

Post a Comment